This is a very common question asked by bloggers using Google Blogger platform. I don’t know exactly why. Personally I like the navigation bar. It gives you quite a few options:
- You can search a blog quite efficiently
- You can go to a random blog if you have time & wish to surf
- Moreover one can report to Blogger easily for objectionable content (It can be a reason to dislike for certain blogs. There are tons of blogspot blogs providing illegal or copyright-violated contents.)
Besides it don’t look bad at the top. It’s like a branding sign that you are using Blogger.
One reasonable reason that I can think is that you are using Adsense for Search. Then you don’t want your readers using the navbar search option.
But the choice is upto you. So here is the procedure:
- Log in to Blogger. From your Dashboard select Layout> Edit HTML
- On the Edit Template section find the line at the top
/* Variable definitions
- Just above it add this CSS definition
display: none !important;
- Save Template
You are done. Your navbar is successfully removed.